The ORC team is excited to announce the release of ORC v1.1.2. This release contains the Java reader and writer and the native C++ ORC reader and tools.
- Released: 8 July 2016
- Source code: orc-1.1.2.tgz
- GPG Signature signed by Owen O’Malley (3D0C92B9)
- Git tag: rel/release-1.1.2
- Maven Central: ORC 1.1.2
- SHA 256: 5d14df7d48126dd8…
- Fixed issues: ORC-1.1.2
The major new features in ORC 1.1 are:
- ORC-1 Copy the Java ORC code from Hive.
- ORC-10 Fix the C++ reader to correctly read timestamps from timezones with different daylight savings rules.
- ORC-52 Add mapred and mapreduce connectors.
CVE-2018-8015 ORC files with malformed types cause stack overflow.
HIVE-14214 Schema evolution and predicate pushdown don’t work together.
ORC-101 Bloom filters for string and decimal use inconsistent encoding
ORC-135 Predicate push down is incorrect on timestamps when moved between timezones
ORC-285 Empty vector batches of floats or doubles cause EOFException