The ORC team is excited to announce the release of ORC v1.2.3. This release fixes some bugs in the Java schema evolution code.
- Released: 12 December 2016
- Source code: orc-1.2.3.tar.gz
- GPG Signature signed by Owen O’Malley (3D0C92B9)
- Git tag: rel/release-1.2.3
- SHA 256: a86a335052553bc5…
- Fixed issues: ORC-1.2.3
The new features of ORC 1.2:
- ORC-54 Evolve schemas based on field name rather than index
- ORC-84 Create a separate java tool module.
- ORC-77 and ORC-81 Implement LZO and LZ4 compression codecs.
- ORC-92 Add support for nested column id selection in C++
- ORC-69 Add batch option support in orc-scan tools.
- HIVE-14214 ORC schema evolution and predicate push down do not work together.