The ORC team is excited to announce the release of ORC v1.0.0. This release contains the native C++ ORC reader and some tools.
- Released: 25 January 2016
- Source code: orc-1.0.0.tgz
- GPG Signature signed by Owen O’Malley (3D0C92B9)
- Git tag: rel/release-1.0.0
- SHA 256: 8ad5111f0ca3b72f…
- Fixed issues: ORC-1.0.0
The major features:
- Portable pure C++ ORC reader
- The C++ reader is known to work on:
- CentOS and RHEL 5, 6, and 7
- Debian 6 and 7
- Ubuntu 12 and 14
- Mac OS 10.10 and 10.11
- A file-contents command that prints the contents of the file as json records.
- A file-metadata command that prints the metadata of the file.
- Docker files for building and testing on various Linux distributions.
- Memory estimation for the reader.
ORC-1 We are still working on moving the Java reader and writer out of Hive’s code base and thus it is not included here.
ORC-10 When moving ORC files between timezones, different daylight savings rules will cause timestamps to shift in the C++ reader.
ORC-40 Predicate push down is not implemented in C++.