Apache ORC is a library rather than an execution framework and thus is less likely to have security vulnerabilities. However, if you have discovered one, please follow the process below.
Reporting a Vulnerability
We strongly encourage folks to report security vulnerabilities to our private security mailing list first, before disclosing them in a public forum.
Please note that the security mailing list should only be used for reporting undisclosed security vulnerabilities in Apache ORC and managing the process of fixing such vulnerabilities. We cannot accept regular bug reports or other security related queries at this address. All mail sent to this address that does not relate to an undisclosed security problem in Apache ORC will be ignored.
The ORC security mailing list address is: firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a private mailing list and only members of the ORC project are subscribed.
An overview of the vulnerability handling process is:
- The reporter sends email to the project privately.
- The project works privately with the reporter to resolve the vulnerability.
- The project releases a new version that includes the fix.
- The vulnerability is publicly announced via a CVE to the mailing lists and the original reporter.
The full process can be found on the Apache Security Process page.
- CVE-2018-8015 - ORC files with malformed types cause stack overflow.